Emma loves making paper fashions and given some pretty paper, a pencil, scissors and glue, can spend hours coming up with fantastic colourful designs. When Katie sees her at work, she insists she wants to start sketching her own fashions. Why not highlight these works of art? Let your little one unleash her inner fashion designer diva and create a runway-worthy token of appreciation for Mom.
Handmade Designer Fashion Card
- 72lb or more card stock (or construction paper will do too!)
- a few pieces of colourful scrapbook paper
- sequins, thin ribbons, small beads, buttons, stickers, glitter or other small items to use as accessories and embellishments
- pencil, scissors and kid-friendly glue
Draw clothing pieces on to the colourful scrapbook paper and carefully cut them out. Fit them together and then glue them to the front of the card. Add some sparkle and embellishments to add some glamour to the specially designed outfit.
Once the glue has set, go ahead and write a special message inside.
Tips and Suggestions:
- Don’t feel constrained – if jewellery is your mom’s preference, design a special piece for the front of the card using the items listed for embellishments.